Sunshine and 90 degree days can only mean one thing, summertime in Chicago. Whether you are relaxing on a beach, the porch or on the bus to work we could all use a good summer read. Below is a list of books (in no particular order) that I’m in the process of reading this summer.
If you have any other recommendations let us know in the comment field because we’re always looking for new reads. Enjoy!
1. Corazón Pintado by Xánath Caraza
2. Women and Knowledge in Mesoamerica – From East L.A. to Anahuac by Dr. Paloma Martinez-Cruz
3. Ocotillo Dreams by Melinda Palacios
4. Red Medicine by Dr. Patrisia Gonzalez
5. From the Other Side of Night / Del Otro Lado de la Noche by Francisco Alarcón
6. Nepantla by Pat Mora
7. Breathing, In Dust by Tim Z. Hernandez
8. Heart’s Migration by Linda Rodriguez
9. Six Kinds of Sky by Luis Alberto Urrea
10. Controlled Decay by Gabriela Jauregui
11. Rites of Passage Anthology published by Mujeres de Maíz Flor y Canto Issue #10
12. Tuna Luna by Alurista
You can probably get a copy of some of these books at your local library or La Casa Azul Bookstore or Amazon.com
Remember if you have other summer reading suggestions to let us know!